Winter Grapefruit Cocktail
This refreshing winter cocktail uses grapefruit peels to flavor the simple syrup and fresh grapefruit juice to bring the perfect tartness to every sip.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium grapefruits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 2 cups Kroger Brand Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- Ice cubes, to serve
- Cut peels off grapefruits; discard white pith. Reserve flesh.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine sugar and water. Once sugar is dissolved, add grapefruit peels and rosemary sprigs. Simmer 5 minutes; strain into bowl, discarding peels (they can be composted!). Set aside to cool.
- Juice and strain grapefruit flesh into small pitcher. Mix in vodka, cranberry juice and syrup.
- Serve over ice with fresh rosemary. Refrigerate leftovers.