Waldorf Salad from Noshtalgia
This family twist on a classic Waldorf salad was recreated as part of Kroger’s Noshtalgia podcast.
Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- 2 Fuji apples, diced
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 bunch celery, peeled and sliced, leaves reserved
- 1 head lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- Place brown sugar and water in a small saucepot and bring to a boil with large bubbles (about 5 minutes).
- While the brown sugar and water are heating, cut other ingredients, using the juice from one of the lemons to store the cut apples in so they do not brown.
- Add nuts to sugar water and remove from heat. Stir for about 1 minute or until sugar starts to crystalize on nuts. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- For dressing, mix together yogurt and celery seeds, then season to taste with salt, pepper, juice from the remaining lemon and lemon zest.
- To serve, toss greens and celery with dressing and place in a salad bowl, then top with apples, grapes, candied nuts and celery leaves.