Tex-Mex Stuffed Peppers
Seasoned ground turkey and zesty rice are the perfect filling for a Tex-Mex twist on stuffed peppers.
Serves: 6Prep: 35 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6 large poblano peppers
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (12 oz.) Kroger Frozen White Rice or 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups Kroger Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 500°F. Spray a 9”x13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place pepper on a baking sheet and roast 15-20 minutes until skin blisters. Move peppers to a plastic food storage bag for 15 minutes to steam. Remove loose skin from the peppers. Cut a slit in each pepper, remove seeds and membranes. Place peppers in prepared pan; set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium-high heat cook turkey, onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper, breaking apart meat until turkey is cooked through. Add rice, tomato, corn and 1½ cups of cheese; mix to blend well.
- Fill peppers with meat mixture and top with remaining cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. Refrigerate leftovers. Tip: Pepper can be filled the night before and refrigerated until ready to bake. Increase bake time by 5-10 minutes.