Spanakopita is a savory Greek pie usually made with layered filo dough. This quick version keeps the classics fillings of spinach, herbs and cheese but swaps the filo for gluten-free tortillas that get a quick griddling on the stovetop until perfectly golden and ready to enjoy.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 6 oz. Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. dill, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 4 gluten-free soft taco tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup tzatziki sauce, or hummus, for dipping
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Stir in spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat; stir in feta, dill, lemon zest and salt.
- To assemble the quesadillas, sprinkle about ¼ cup of mozzarella over a tortilla. Top with half the spinach mixture, another ¼ cup of mozzarella and a second tortilla. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Wipe pan clean and heat over medium to medium-low heat. Cook quesadillas 6-8 minutes, flipping once, until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve with tzatziki or hummus for dipping.
- Refrigerate leftovers.