Portobello Pesto Baked Eggs
Perfect for breakfast, these portobello mushroom caps are stuffed with pesto and spinach, then baked with eggs for a delicious start to the day.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Simple Truth Organic™ Portabella Mushroom Caps, stem and gills removed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Basil Pesto
- 4 large Simple Truth Organic™ Cage Free Brown Eggs
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Brush mushroom caps with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together baby spinach and pesto.
- Position mushroom caps stem-side up. Divide spinach mixture evenly between mushrooms creating a divot in the center of each for the egg. Crack an egg in each mushroom cap.
- Return mushrooms to the oven and bake an additional 15-18 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are desired doneness.
- Refrigerate leftovers.