One-Pot Chicken & Rice Soup
Put your Instant Pot® to good use by whipping up a filling soup packed with nutrients.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 4 cups (1 quart) Simple Truth Organic™ Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Long Grain Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Select the sauté function to heat inner Instant Pot. Add olive oil, heat one minutes. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Cook and stir until onions are softened. Cancel sauté function.
- Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT rotisserie chicken. Stir and secure the lid, ensuring the valve is turned to sealing position. Press manual button and set time to 10 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, allow Instant Pot to natural release for 10 minutes. Turn valve to venting position to release remaining pressure.
- Carefully open lid; add rotisserie chicken. Close lid and let sit 5 minutes. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.