Italian Meatloaf Wrapped in Pancetta
This is not your grandparent’s meatloaf! This is a wonderful make-ahead meal, and any leftovers are easily frozen into individual slices for later reheating. Sub Private Selection™ Alfredo sauce for a more indulgent meal.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hour 45 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- Simple Truth Organic™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 2 pounds Kroger® Fresh Ground Turkey 85% Lean
- 1 pound Kroger® Sweet Ground Italian Sausage
- 3/4 cup Private Selection™ Italian Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Kroger® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Kroger® Marinara Pasta Sauce, divided
- 1 package (3 oz.) sliced Pancetta
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 5”x9”x3” loaf pan with cooking spray. Mix the meat, breadcrumbs, salt, eggs, cheese and ½ cup of marinara sauce together in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix just until blended.
- Shape into a loaf and slide into the prepared loaf pan. Arrange the slices of pancetta over the top of the meatloaf, tucking the ends inside the sides of the loaf pan. Wrap the loaf with parchment paper and a sheet of aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and return to oven to bake for 45 minutes more.
- Using a meat thermometer, check that the temperature has registered at least 165°F. Pour off excess fat and allow the meatloaf to cool in the pan at least 10 minutes before removing. Cut into 8-10 slices.
- Heat the remaining marinara sauce and serve with pasta, green vegetables and sliced meatloaf. Cool completely before storing in the refrigerator or freezer.