Greek Collard Green Wraps
These Greek-inspired wraps are the portable salad you’ve been waiting for. The vegetarian-friendly filling is bright and delicious, but it’s the homemade Tzatziki sauce that really steals the show.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large collard green leaves, washed, stems removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces tempeh or extra-firm tofu (pressed and drained), chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olives
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bell pepper, tempeh or tofu, olives, cherry tomatoes and onion until vegetables are fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Mix in cumin, oregano, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, cucumber, dill, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Top each collard green leaf evenly with sauce and vegetable mixture. Garnish with oregano.