French Onion Dip with Vegetables or Chips
This dip turns heavenly when made homemade with caramelized onions.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Kroger® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 container (8 oz.) crème fraîche
- 1/2 cup Kroger® Classic Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper to skillet, coating onions in the oil.
- Decrease heat to medium-low and continue cooking the onions, stirring every few minutes, until caramelized, about 25-30 minutes (if onions are cooking too quickly and burning, reduce heat to low).
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in crème fraîche, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for several hours. Serve with chips, celery sticks or carrots.