Chorreadas (Fresh Corn Pancakes with Latin Cream and Cheese)
Dense and flavorful, these Chorreadas are a savory breakfast treat. Pair them with a cup of hot coffee to start your day the right way.
Serves: 6Prep: 7 minutesCook: 21 minutesTotal: 28 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger Brand 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Kroger Brand Unsalted Butter Sticks, melted
- 1⁄2 cup instant corn masa flour
- 1 cup Kroger Brand Super Sweet Corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Latin cream, to serve
- 1 cup raspberries
- In blender, purée together milk, eggs, butter, corn masa flour, corn, sugar and salt until mostly smooth
- Heat 6” nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of batter into pan; swirl to coat bottom. Cook until pancakes appear dry on the surface and can be turned with a soft spatula, about 2½ minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other.
- Serve with cream and berries.