Barbara Martin’s Red Velvet Cake Frosting
This delectable frosting was recreated as part of Kroger’s Noshtalgia podcast.
Prep: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 box (16 oz.) powdered sugar
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Whip the cream cheese and the butter in separate bowls. Combine and then whip again.
- Sift the powdered sugar, then fold into cream cheese and butter mixture.
- Add vanilla and mix well. Add pecans to frosting and use to frost red velvet cake.