Vitacost Folic Acid Dietary Supplement 800mcg
What is Folic Acid?
Folic acid—also known as folate or folacin—is a B vitamin found in green leafy vegetables and, in lesser amounts, in fruits, sprouts, brewer’s yeast, liver and legumes. Often working in conjunction with vitamin B12, folic acid functions primarily as a methyl-group donor involved in many important body processes.*
Most importantly, folic acid is responsible for the creation of DNA (the body’s genetic information) and building blocks of RNA (needed for protein synthesis in all cells). Rapidly growing tissues, such as occurs during pregnancy or regeneration of tissues such as red blood cells and immune cells, need folic acid to divide properly.*
Folic acid also plays a role in the formation of SAM (s-adenyl methionine), which regulates many functions, including mood.*
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Folic Acid?
- Helps promote normal DNA function and replication*
- Supports homocysteine levels, which is important for healthy heart function*
- Supports healthy brain function and memory*
- Maintains endothelial function*
- Supports healthy and happy moods*
- Unless otherwise advised by your physician, it’s generally advised to take vitamin B12 with folic acid because folic acid has the potential to hide a vitamin B12 deficiency
Why is Vitacost® Folic Acid your everyday essential?
- Supplies 800 mcg of folic acid per single-tablet serving
- Contains 250 servings per bottle
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Gluten free
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ratings and Reviews
Pick ‘n Save is not responsible for the content provided in customer ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Terms and Conditions.
ReviewsAverage Customer Rating4.94(18)5(17)4(1)3(0)2(0)1(0)