Kid-Friendly New Years Eve Festive Party Hats
Created by: Amy Christie, this heart of mine
Ring in the New Year with the little ones, even if the night ends at 9 p.m.! Get started by making your own party hats with fabulous tassels so that you’re topped off for the festivities!
Things You’ll Need:
- Printable party hat pattern
- Colored cardstock
- Colored tissue paper
- Hot glue gun
- Elastic string
- Hole punch
- Print off and cut out the party hat pattern.
- Trace the pattern on the colored cardstock and cut out the shape.
- Layer three sheets of tissue paper, measuring about a 3”x4” rectangle. Repeat this step with other colors of tissue paper to make a multi-color fringe tassel.
- Using the scissors, make vertical cuts at the top of the tissue to create fringe.
- Roll the tissue into a tube and secure with a dot of glue. Layer two colors of tissue paper to make a multi-color fringe tassel.
- Glue the rolled tissue paper to the “point” of the cardstock shape.
- Roll the cardstock to form a cone and secure at the edge with hot glue.
- Use the hole-punch to create two opposing holes near the edges of the hat.
- Cut a piece of elastic string and tie through each hole to create a loop. Fit to the head.
By putting in a little extra effort, you and the kids can look like a million bucks on New Year’s Eve. And everyone can feel like they contributed to the party’s success!